SaucyKod

Sunday, October 30, 2016

And The Season Moves On.....

Folks around here have gone suddenly from fall jackets to toques n winter jackets.....and in a matter of days filled with heavy rain and high winds....all those pretty leaves have gone....sigh.
Fall leaves fall, die, flowers, away -
Lengthen night and shorten day,
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow,
Blossom where the rose should grow -
I shall sing when night's decay,
Ushers in a drearier day.
Emily Bronte

SaucyKod



Related Poem Content Details

4 comments:

DJan said...

Love that poem and the difference you show in those two pictures of the same place. And thanks to the wonders of the internet, you and I are friends, Saucy! I'm so glad. :-)

Red said...

VEry appropriate quote from Emily Bronte

Jackie said...

Those photographs are splendid.
They look as though they could be on a magazine cover.
What a beautiful autumn you are having....!

Gail said...

I love Bronte and your beautiful scenery. Are you sure you aren't in a corner of heaven?