SaucyKod

Friday, July 1, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice, Eh.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President
I speak "Maritime" English and French, 
and I pronounce it "aboot", not about.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack -
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and that last letter of the alphabet -
is prounced "zed", not "zee", but "zed"....
Canada is the second largest landmass,
the first nation of hockey;
and I love my Country
From Sea To Shining Sea.

My name is SaucyKod
.....and I am CANADIAN :)

On July 4, 1776, thirteen colonies claimed their independence from England, an event which eventually led to the formation of the United States -  Independence Day. Happy July 4th to my southern neighbours, friends and relatives. May your Independence Day be every bit as bright as my Canada Day.





6 comments:

Red said...

Misconceptions? there are a few and for the most part they are funny. I hope you had a great Canada Day.

DJan said...

What a lovely post! Happy Canada Day, Saucy, and I do hope it was a good one. I wish I was Canadian, too, but I can talk like one, eh? :-)

Countryside Tales said...

Happy Canada Day :-)

Gail said...

What a wonderful post!!!

I am proud to know you.

genie said...

I love the country spirit Canadians have and especially what they gave of their country in WWI. It is not the same here anymore. Some of us are so sad and frustrated at the way our county is going. I love that you have a picture of the flag on your backpack. Sorry I am so late. I just caught your entry on may Buttons for Baga blog. Love ya...genie..the old lady covered in Poison Ivy

genie said...

I guess belated Happy Birthday Canada is better than no birthday wishes at all...genie