SaucyKod

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Best Catch Of The Day.....

If one decides to drive home late afternoon between 4-5 p.m., then you should be prepared to have the sun shining directly in your eyes as it begins its descent for the day. We always try to avoid that and come home earlier.....however, if you wait for that extra half hour to 45 minutes and then make the return trip, you will be rewarded with the different colours of a vibrant and challenging sky.

Turbulent skyline in Saint John....
Sun is still quite high at entrance to highway
with many different types of clouds; the further West we drove, 
the less heavy the clouds were, with more light and a changing skyline.


As the sun dipped further, the abundance of dazzling colours
in the sky became overwhelming.....simply
because I chose to drive home later than usual.
MY BEST CATCH OF THE DAY :)
SaucyKod
Pick Photos To Enlarge

15 comments:

Linda Kay said...

I don't think I've ever seen what appears to be a spray in the sky at sunset. Great picture!

Saucy Siciliana said...

Spectacular photos Saucy! They are amazing! We are having sunny skies here in Sicily these days thank goodness! Very windy though!

Little Red Hen said...

The sky in the top photo looks fierce. I'm always amazed how quickly the sky changes in a short period of time. Thanks for sharing.

Fun60 said...

You really were rewarded with those stunning views.

Gail said...

So absolutely beautiful.

Red said...

There are more best catches than cod! You got a long sequence of great color.

DJan said...

Wow! Those are some awesome pictures, Saucy! :-)

Jackie said...

All I can say is WOW!
I bet seeing it in person is even more breath-taking.
Beautiful captures!

biebkriebels said...

Oh wow, that is a spectacular sky!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh my goodness, what beautiful pictures! You are so good at photography. I have the most difficult time getting a decent picture.

I had to laugh when I read your post and at the end you said that I now should "plaid up PH."
Oh Lilly!! I have done exactly that. I bought five lovely used plaid shirts in perfect condition. We both wear them. They are cozy and comfy. Today we had to go the the hospital for my knee to be seen and we both wore plaid shirts.
The doctor commented on it. I didn't realize it until she said something. We laughed. Both shirts were red plaids, but different patterns. Mine was just black and white buffalo check. His was real plaid.
I am so sorry I haven't written. I have done very little of anything lately, except for the wallpapering and that about did me in! :)
love,
Mona

DJan said...

Wow! Love these wonderful pictures, especially that last one. :-)

Caramella said...

Wow, amazing images, they almost look like paintings!!! :)

Friko said...

Breathtaking photos. It would have been such a shame to have lmissed that catch.

genie said...

The bursts of sunlight in those last pictures are gorgeous. By the way...I LOVE you header. It is so YOU :-)

genie said...

Those last two pictures are amazing. You did one awesome job with those captures. You must have been at the right place at just the right time when yu clicked that shutter.