SaucyKod

Monday, February 9, 2015

Mother Nature and Wind




I cannot say that I do not like winter. In fact, I do like winter. At the moment, we have snow banks halfway up the side of the house and well out into the street - it's like everyone has a tunnel of snow to reach their houses. I have walked aboot town and seen large, cleared driveways with mountains of snow surrounding each side. I have seen "shovel size" pathways, leading up to front doors. I have seen mailboxes shoveled oot. Businesses, schools and emergency all cleared early on of course. There are very few sidewalks that are available for walking. The sidewalk on our "main street" is cleared and also the street above us. All the sidewalks off the main streets and side streets remain deeply covered in tons of snow - so that would cover about half the residents in town.
Having said all this, I have to take a moment and talk about BEAUTY, the kind of beauty that takes your breath away.......the kind of beauty that takes but a second of your time to enter your mind and stay imprinted there forever. One of the facts of Mother Nature, when she is being cruel and punishing us with her beastly values of snow and wind, is also the BEAUTY she creates. 
This photo above is my friend's house - the wind blew the snow well out past the roof, leaving a lengthy extension of curves and lines and natural beauty.
SNOW-CURLS AND SNOW-ROLLS
 I saw this hill and knew I just had to share it with you - it gives you that feeling of "having stopped to smell the roses".  Creations like this leave me to appreciate Mother Nature and Wind.
p.s. You know I cannot leave Jack out of the post, eh........
One of my favs - Jack playing with friend "Toby Alexandra"
SaucyKod

11 comments:

Countryside Tales said...

SO beautiful. Thanks so much for posting these, we really have nothing like it here and it certainly does have a beauty all its own, all those graceful lines. Loving the last pic of Jack and Toby A :o)

DJan said...

What fabulous pictures, and you're right: those snow sculptures are simply amazing. I like that last picture, too, made me smile. :-)

Linda Kay said...

beautiful creations in the snow, still untouched. Jack probably enjoys the snow. I can remember having to shovel out a spot of grass for the dogs to do their business, as mine are very short in the legs!

Little Red Hen said...

You certainly got walloped the last little while. I feel rude complaining about our little 30cm. Hope it lets up for a while.

Red said...

I like snow but not that much! Wow! And you guys are going to get more snow in a couple of days.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I've been thinking a lot about winter since we moved South of the border where winter is all warm and sunshiney and summer is wet and warm and rainy. Those are the 2 seasons in Guatemala. I have to admit I do miss the snow. It truly is a beautiful phenomenon. I love your photos! The snow path leading to your house looks very inviting.

Gail said...

Beautiful indeed.

I think you might lose poor Jack in this...keep a string tied to her.

Linda Wildenstein said...

Oh you are so right about the beauty. Thanks for sharing your photos of the gorgeous snow and also of the sweet pups enjoying some snow play

biebkriebels said...

What a great photo's of the snow. When it has just fallen down everything looks so fairylike. Those icicles at the house makes it look very cold.

Petra Pavl√°tkov√° said...

I like snow when it is white and sparkling and enhancing sceneries... You seem to have all of that! :)

It may not be easy to deal with such amount of fresh snow when it arrives and you can't access the places you need to go whether on foot or by car and it takes some time to make the paths and roads usable again. One gets used to it, I guess...

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Being raised in Oregon a good part of my life, I miss, miss, miss the snow. Just gorgeous!! You probably didn't need quite so much..but it's so beautiful! Maine man got his mirror out..then forgot what he got it out for. LOL He gets such a kick out of being included in your comments from time to time. You would LOVE this man, Lilly. I have never met a more dear man in my entire life.
You two would be such great friends! I honestly don't think a kinder man exists. I really don't. I cannot believe my good fortune in finding him so very late in my life. Enjoy your week..and your lovely snow!
Mona