SaucyKod

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Saucy's "Charlie Brown" Tree......

A few posts ago I posted about "Balloon Ice Marbles" link here - well, I decided to make some. Our weather hasn't been cooperating much with wild swings in the temperature lane. Up and down, cold, freezing, thawing and then rain for many days. I did, however; catch an almost a week of freezing temps, so I set myself to work and created my first round of Ice Marbles.
How much dye does one put in before adding the water ( I tried 10 drops) and make sure  when tying the balloon shut that spurts don't come back and hit you right in the face. ha,ha I also discovered that it might be a good idea to wear surgeons gloves - after the red dye sprayed back onto my fingers. ha,ha
Anyway, let's get right to it. I did learn that if I put the string in the balloon at the beginning, then I didn't have to worry about making little "gunny sacks" to hang the ice marbles in the tree. Now this is the first set and although not that great, the next set will be much better. I have some small ones and odd shaped ones now waiting on the deck for colder weather.
I had to cut this small tree back and treat it in the fall and it looked rather pathetic in the side yard.....so, why not spruce it up a bit, eh and give it some colour. Notice, all that snow we received with the Nor'Easter a couple of weeks ago, is almost gone with the sudden switch to warmer temps.
SaucyKod

4 comments:

DJan said...

What fun! We don't have temperatures cold enough to make these, but they are on my list. Glad you tried it all out and worked out the kinks, so to speak. Love your pretty yellow and blue ones on the snow. :-)

Filip and Kristel said...

Lovely the colors in the white snow.

Greetings,
Filip

Gail said...

What a wonderful idea!

Red said...

Looks good and I'm sure you had fun and learned something while doing it.