SaucyKod

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Message In A Bottle.....

One of my favourite places to go is Greens Point Lighthouse, a short distance from my house. I love the scenery here, the beauty of land and the smell of the Bay. Seagulls call to each other, while Eagles hunt. Seals play in the receding tide as the Deer Island Ferries make their runs. (Letete, New Brunswick)
I love to roam the beach and see what the tide has brought in to me. This particular day of wandering I had already found some really unique shells, a few fossil rocks and.......then.... "right mixed up" (Maritime saying) with the seaweed was a wine bottle.
I thought I would remove it from its tangled web and put it up at the top of the beach. I noticed a band of electrical tape around the top of the bottle and thought to myself - h-m-m-m-m, this is unusual and upon cleaning the sand and grime off the bottle I saw a plastic bag inside. "Holy Jumpins",  I had found a "Message In A Bottle". You have no idea of how many years of roaming beaches are under my belt and I had never found such a wonderful treasure.
Thank you "BD" in Alberta, Canada for making my day. I am going to put your note and a note of mine in a bag; put them in a bottle, take it to my special place and let the tide take it away. "May your days be filled with peace also", and may the adventure of our Messages In A Bottle land in a place new to both of us.
SaucyKod
( Pick Photos to Enlarge)

10 comments:

DJan said...

What a find that was! Congratulations and thank you for sharing it with me, too! :-)

Countryside Tales said...

What a great story! How exciting to find a real live message in a bottle. The sea pictures and the description are wonderful- it sounds and looks a beautiful place.

Linda Kay said...

I'll bet you almost had a heart attack! What a fun find and it probably made your day. Love the lighthouse. If I were near one, I'd be walking the beach as well. It's a long way to a light house from my house in Texas.

Red said...

Somebody from Alberta must have a terrific wing to get that bottle all the way to Point Green Light house or else they found a river all the way to the light house. You made an interesting find.

Saucy Kodz said...

It is indeed a beautiful place and that is what this area is. I am a lucky girl to be surrounded by such beauty.

Saucy Kodz said...

I shall think of you my next romp on the beach and gee, I have heard about all the "bigger" things in Texas - I was just thinking there must be a "bigger" lighthouse" somewhere in Texas. ha,ha

Saucy Kodz said...

Actually, Red, I have just been in contact with the young lady and am waiting to hear where she actually dropped the bottle in what body of water. I shall post this when I hear her story. Yes, it was an interesting find and a super fun thrill for me. Cheers

Saucy Kodz said...

Thank you DJan - it was a super find and a whole buncha fun unwinding that tape to get to the prize inside. Cheers

biebkriebels said...

How exciting Lilly, it sounds like a scene from a movie! To find a bottle with a message, I have even seen a movie about this subject once. You have a complete new header which must have cost you a lot of work, it looks wonderful.

Saucy Kodz said...

Thankyou Marianne - it was very exciting indeed and I felt like I was in a Movie :) Glad you like my NEW header and yes, it was a lot of work and I did enjoy making it. Thanks again.