SaucyKod

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Definitely Awkward, Definitely Fun.........

Fog City Rollers (Saint John, New Brunswick)
"The Fog" rolled into the small town of Blacks Harbour last weekend with the (Saint John Roller Derby - Fog City Rollers having wrapped up their "Summer" - learn to skate program. An exciting 10 week program, teaching you how to roller skate like the pro's.
Yes, there were many anxious folk who showed up and enough that two teams were created for the upcoming Annual Fog Festival Frenzy. The Derby was held at the Fundy Arena, just up the road a bit in the town of Blacks Harbour. The teams were the local folks and to make it a bit more exciting the Fog City Rollers had some "special experienced skaters" join both teams to make the game more challenging.
 It was Athletically Sharp, awkward, wonderful, laughable and definitely a good time. Ya gotta be from the East to appreciate the names.
Salmon Slammers
Vs
Sardine Scrappers
Finishing Score 94 - 89. The Sardine Scrappers put up a good fight but the Salmon Slammers were victorious. The Fog City Rollers thank the people of Blacks Harbour and surrounding area for coming out to see what Roller Derby is all about and at the same time watch some of their own folks playing for the first time. Definitely a fun night had by all. 
SaucyKod

7 comments:

DJan said...

It looks like a great time! I learned to roller skate as a kid, but it's been so long I think I'd be a danger to myself and others! :-)

Linda Kay said...

Saucy, I remember when these roller derbies were on TV regularly. Talk about tough ladies!

Red said...

Dig the hats of the Salmon slammers. You do know how to have fun in Black's harbor.

biebkriebels said...

Wow that was a lot of fun, you have sporty people overthere.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I about fell apart over those names. But..they fit the territory so..really cute. Thanks for your visit to my pathetic post. I seem to drift further and further from blogging at times. Just lots going on.
Ahhh..so that was what PH was doing out in the driveway with my mirror. It was missing and when I went to ask if he had seen it...well..never mind. He does that from time to time. I think he misses his Maine home. I am off to bed. He is already sound asleep! :)
Hugs,
Mona

Linda Wildenstein said...

I love Roller Derby. Used to watch it on TV all the time. We had a league here back in the 70's. Always such a hard fought game.
Looks like fun for all who attended.
Oma Linda

Linda said...

It definitely looks like an enjoyable time! And I love your Autumn background on your blog.