SaucyKod

Sunday, August 10, 2014

LumberJacks n Jills

This young fellow is a fine artist. He started with a full log and someone in the crowd would win this original sculpture at the end of the day. The LumberJack n Jill  gathering is one of the very popular events, including all ages - at the Festival. I cannot imagine the stamina and talent it takes to carve, chop n saw in all these categories.
 
I know I cannot throw an axe that far, let alone hit the target!
Of course, there are always crowd favourites.....
 - and young fella's breaking records.....
Guyz showing off their protective gear.....
Even the Dogz enjoyed themselves.....
Balancing is an ART, and toting a saw n cutting  even more so......
Big Saws
Fire Starter - not an easy Event.....
The crowd has an astonishing day, the competitors are overwhelming with talent, and hard work and give it their all - with "practice, practice and more practice".
SaucyKod

10 comments:

DJan said...

Wow! What a cool bunch of people, Saucy. Your pictures took me right there with you, so I could enjoy it all along with everyone else. Everyone seems happy and filled with joy. How wonderful! :-)

Countryside Tales said...

He's also quite easy on the eye Mr Talented With A Chainsaw :-) I have a friend who can carve intricate structures out of tree trunks with a chainsaw- very clever to be able to do that. It looks like a great day out x

biebkriebels said...

What a fun event. I love all the items, that carving I have seen here too, it is amazing how quickly they can do that..

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Very impressive!! Thank you for the photos, it was like I was there. It would've been a fun event to attend.

Red said...

It's interesting to watch skills that we never see. None of this is done anymore or was done but it makes for a lot of fun.

Jackie said...

I don't know what kind of camera you have, but you certainly know how to use it!
To watch these artists in person would be wonderful!!
Thank you for sharing these photos, Lilly.
Hugs,
Jackie

Friko said...

Great hunks, all of them, even the Jills!

I love events like that, getting people active out of doors is so good for all of us. Even for feeble spectators who couldn’t lift a saw much less wield one. (Me)

Marielle Collins said...

This looks like a lot of fun. And those sculptures are great. I bet they take a lot of adrenaline as well as a lot of talent :)
Thanks for sharing this, Saucy!

Gail said...

This would be the perfect outing for me. I think there may be a chain saw artist in me trying to get out.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Lilly! :) Thank you for that sweet comment. PH sends a big HELLO! Says your his best friend in Canada!
When I lived in Washinton state they had such contests when I was a child. So much fun to watch. Amazing what they can do.