SaucyKod

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Fundy Floor n' other things......

This is the beach to Minister's Island - you can see the island on the other side of the water. You can drive your car across when the tide goes out or walk across, for you have approx 5-6 hours before you are cut off by water. The road across is made up of crushed shells and hard rock bed. There is also a small boat that pulls a float across when the tide is in. It is quite an adventure to roam the island, with some olde buildings, lots of wildlife, flowers, trees and bird-life. You can also see the prominent tide lines, where the highest tides came in the spring and down to the last line of most summer high tides, unless we have a storm surge crash over the top and spill down onto the road.
The Fundy Floor
Yes, I do pick up Beach Glass
I found a heart, on the beach
 Seaweed, ripply waves n part of an olde boat
Roots exposed from storm surges - wild growth -
 
One can walk for miles , search for sand dollars, seashells, neat rock shapes and literally - whatever the tides "settle at yer feet".  I thought of a friend of mine way down in Arkansas, knew she would enjoy this romp on the beach,  found a "chalk" rock and decided to leave a mark - to say she was there. 
You see the rocks to the right in the above photo - this is where your mark is.....
SaucyKod

6 comments:

Countryside Tales said...

Those roots washed smooth by the sea are fantastic. I reckon I'm overdue a visit to the waters....

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Howard and I love walking the beach and it saddens me to know we will never walk the beach of his families island again. Ingalls Island is a wonderful place to wander in...pick blueberries and raspberries and shells. Even though we are out here in California, our how has shells and pretty rocks from the Maine Coast. Shells filled with tiny shells...so lovely. I've missed visiting...PH has been ill and still is lagging a bit. It worries me. Badly!!
Love,
Mona

biebkriebels said...

Interesting walk along the beach, there are a lot of things to see when you have a good eye, as you have apparently. Those trees have grown very special.

DJan said...

Oh, I loved this walk on the beach with you. It's really something to see what's not visible all the time, isn't it? Those old exposed roots are really beautiful, too! You took me along with you, and I'd be glad to go again. Thanks! :-)

DJan said...

Blogger keeps losing my comments! I tried to say thank you for taking me along on your trip, but it didn't show up, just an error message. Anyway, I love the old roots best of all. :-)

Red said...

Beaches fascinate many people. i know I could walk beaches for days on end and I'm a prairie boy.