SaucyKod

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Me And My Teddy Bear -


Me And My Teddy Bear
Have no troubles, have no cares
Me and my Teddy Bear
Just play and play all day.

I love my teddy bear
He has one eye and has no hair
I love my teddy bear
We play and play all day.
Every night he's with me
When I climb up the stairs
And by my bed he listens
Until I say my prayers.

Oh, me and my teddy bear
Have no troubles, have no cares
Me and my teddy bear
We play and play all day.

When I was a little girl, I had a dear teddy bear and at bedtime, my Mom, Teddy and I would walk up the stairs and start to sing. Each step up was a line in the song  - and by the time we reached the top, of course the song ended. I would say my prayers, while Mom tucked Teddy in bed and then I got tucked in bed -  
I can remember listening to Rosemary Clooney singing this song, 
and yes; I sang along with her......so did my Mom :)
Just wondering if any of you bloggers out there remember this sweet melody.
This is my Teddy - Mr. Megarity.
My Mom 
  
SaucyKod


9 comments:

DJan said...

No, I didn't remember it at all. Where was I? Of course I had a teddy, still do. :-)

Weekend-Windup (John Paul) said...

Good one, I too have many at home.

Red said...

I remember Rose Mary Clooney, but I don't remember the song. By the way I liked Rose Mary Clooney.

biebkriebels said...

A Teddy Bear is not so popular here as in the UK of Canada. So I don't know the song and had never a Teddy Bear. I had my dolls, several ones with all other names and dressed them in all kind of different outfits.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Perhaps if I heard the tune it would come back to me because I was a huge fan of Rosemary Clooney. What a cute song!

Francesca Edesia said...

The only song I know by Rosemary Clooney is Mambo Italiano. I didn't know about this song. It's so cute!

kt said...

I didn't have a teddy bear, but I had a fancy cloth doll named Myrtle. I shared a lot of secrets with her. I still have her in a box somewhere.

Mom always tucked me in but I don't remember her reading me any stories. However, early on Sunday mornings I would crawl into bed with them and we would read the funny papers before getting ready for church.

I remember Rosemary Clooney but I do not recall hearing that particular song.

genie said...

I am so glad someone else has kept some of her treasured stuffed animals. I have mine and some of my dolls...tho 2 of them only have their heads left. I can’t part with little things like these from my childhood. Love the story of you and your mom singing the song as you all went up the steps at night. This is one of those posts that pulls at the old heartstrings.

Friko said...

And now you have a furry Teddy.
Do you tick him in?