SaucyKod

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Is In The Air.........

The morning started with a beautiful sunrise - 
even though we received a ton of snow last week. 
We have had a TREMENDOUS  rain storm, and
 a few "HOT" days of spring sunshine - to begin the rapid melting.
A nice walk along the St. Croix River at low tide
There is still an abundance of snow in the woods....
I searched and searched for "ANY" first flower of spring, could not find one.....
however, I did find some pussy willows growing along the river.
SPRING is here folks :) .....I think :)
Supper at King Street Takeout - YEP, IT'S OPEN -
"Takeout is as small as a dime-
The fish n chips are quite divine."
Sometimes, it's those little "Hole In The Wall" places, that serve the best food.
Small, convenient, fresh, home made, affordable n TASTY.
SaucyKod



9 comments:

DJan said...

Glad to see that spring is finally coming to your part of the world. Love the pussy willow pictures especially. Sending you a big hug as I travel back home today from super hot southern California! :-)

biebkriebels said...

Hope so your spring will come soon for you. It takes a long time there. Fish and chips sounds good. We don't eat that combination here. It is a fried fish or a patat frites. You have to buy it at different places.

Gail said...

Looking absolutely beautiful there.

Enjoy your walk about.

Red said...

You deserve spring. Sometimes the hole in the wall mom & pop shops make the best stuff because mom uses her own recipes and stuff's made from scratch.

Linda Wildenstein said...

well good on you.....pussywillows are a sure sign that the ground is taking a cue from Spring. Lovely. Oma Linda

Francesca Edesia said...

Here in Sicily spring hasn't yet settled very well, the wind is still a bit chilly.
Thank you saucy, you are always so supportive. You'll be surprised to know that the reason why I am Always smiling is because I HAVE TO. My daughter said that if I'm serious, then I look angry. And it's true. I am not photogenic. So I learned how to put on a smile. I studied Indian classical dance in India, and this type of dance, called Bharat Natyam, uses a lot of facial expressions. In fact in the post you just saw, there is a picture where I'm looking down, with my hands at the waist ...that is one of the poses of the dance. So now the mystery of the constant smiles is finally solved:) Have a nice Sunday!

Francesca Edesia said...

HI saucy! I'm back again because I am very curious to hear your thoughts on a certain person I posted about. Have a look at the tango and tell me what you think of it:)

Petra said...

Spring at last! Now it won't take long and its marks will be more and more prominent. :)

genie said...

Bud and I are true Hole in the Wall frequenters...especially when we used to be out of the country. We always went down and ate with the native workers. Great food.