Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ice Anyone.......

My very own Crystal Palace right outside my door -
Since Christmas Eve, we have had much ice - in the form of rain, frozen rain, ice pellets, snow and then more again. I sit in front of my window this morning and am amazed, at the Crystal Tree as I gaze out the window - The sun shining through the branches is like having a 1,000 watt bulb lit up in front of you. I have tried to capture it, in its raw beauty, however; I have taken the best shots I can manage with my dear olde camera. I can only tell you, that if you could hold the beauty of this light in the palm of your hand for but a moment, you would be overwhelmed. Its like the crystal chandelier that hangs in many mansions, and yet there was no cost, with Mother Nature giving it to us freely.
These young trees heavily burdened - all bent into the road - some will survive
Frozen spruce fingers.....
For myself, I feel its brilliance....and I cannot remember a time that the ice stayed frozen on the trees n bushes this long - usually a melt soon after the storm, but not yet....and NO - I shall never tire of this :)
SaucyKod


8 comments:

DJan said...

Wow! That is some brilliant sunshine, and lots and lots of ice. Thank you so much for sharing it with me, I am enjoying staring at these wonderful pictures. :-)

genie said...

OMGoodness!!!!! This is unbelievable. The Christmas tree is sosososo pretty. Hope you are heating with a wood stove and not electricity...it is so much warmer. We are getting slammed again with real cold and icy conditions, but nothing compared to this. It really is beautiful. Am mending slowly, but that bug really did take the wind out of me. g

Gail said...

Amazingly beautiful.

Red said...

I can understand what you are trying to photography.Your description gives a good picture. Some day you fortunes have to turn and get some nicer weather.

biebkriebels said...

Ice and sunshine make spectacular photos! At least you are able to enjoy the cold period. Beautiful description of your "crystal" palace.

Linda Wildenstein said...

That ice is amazing. I've only seen the like once in my life and like you I was fascinated by the beauty of it. Great photos. Thanks for the sharing of this wonder of Mother Nature. Stay warm and dry, Oma Linda

genie said...

I was just check in again and saw the “We do not have hurricanes here!” I am laughing out loud. I grew up in south Florida with the darn things. I am still wonderful how you all heat...wood, pellet stove, propane, electricity....whatever you use, you must use a LOT of it. Hope you are well. I am finally back to normal.

Jana said...

happy NEW year dear Lilly! and sorry for the silence....I love the first pciture a lot, but I suppose its way too cold...we are just back from the Caribbean and came from 30 to 5 degrees....take good care of u+keep warm!