Thursday, January 30, 2014

Antique Cars Passing Through Town

My morning walk consists of crossing the border over to USA once in a while and on this particular morning in early fall, I was walking down the main street in Calais, USA, there were all these lovely antique cars lined up along the street. I thought this was a great find and started snapping with my little iPhone. It reminded me of a time that my Mum was showing us olde photos of family and there were one or two of the cars below in some of the photos. These vehicles were on their way to a Car Festival in Nova Scotia, Canada. 
Ah, they really knew how to design a car back then, eh :
SaucyKod

9 comments:

DJan said...

Wonderful old cars. Isn't it great to have that handy iPhone to take pictures whenever you might run into cool stuff like this? Thanks for sharing. :-)

Gail said...

Very cool!!!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

These people clearly love their cars! I've seen gatherings of older cars from the 1950s and 60s, but never ones this old. Thanks for all the pictures, now I must show this to my car-obsessed husband.

biebkriebels said...

Those are real old cars, so nice to see. Love to see how. the cars are kept zpso well.

Fun60 said...

They have been restored beautifully.

Anonymous said...

So cool these old cars
Those were the days for sure
Harry R

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Ohhh..Lilly! I love that little red car!s How sweet it is!
About garage sales. I think they are something that just has to catch on. Everyone has things they would love to sell or just get rid of. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Sometimes when someone see's one person doing it..they realize that that's a great way to get rid of thing..things that often a Goodwill or someplace like that won't take.
It's still unseasonably warm here. Cloudy and very cool tonight..demanding at least that you wear a sweater. :)
Hugs,
Mona

Linda Wildenstein said...

Gosh, aren't you the fortunate one? Being at the right place at the right time to catch this special parade of wonderful cars. They truly are something. Oma Linda

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I think PH loves hearing familiar names of his area. I especially liked the red car..how cute.