SaucyKod

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ice Storm 2013 - South West New Brunswick, Canada

This is a road I travel on quite a bit with my motorbike,
for it is quite a beautiful drive in summer and fall.
The Video below was taken just after our recent ice storm,
which by the way, still has tens of thousands without power
since as early as last Saturday -  power may not be fully restored
until New Years Eve. We have had yet another snowstorm this week,
which hindered repairs and put thousands back in the dark.
Another storm is moving our way and will be pounding
this area between late tonight and possibly through late Sun/Mon.
Lets hope this coming storm is gentle on us so our
linesmen may continue their restoration.
My hat is off to these wonderful men and women who have worked
nonstop Christmas Eve and right through this week in great effort to
get power back on - and through the very cold snap that has come and stayed with this storm.
A Drive Through The Boyd Road -

My thanks to Alexander Chaney for the video.
SaucyKod

7 comments:

DJan said...

I've been reading about your awful weather for awhile now, Saucy. Glad you have power so you can write to me! But I am sad about the others and hope all will be repaired soon. Sending you sincere wishes for a great new year! :-)

Gail said...

That reminds me of our ice storm a few years back. Hope I never see one again.

Stay safe and warm.

Red said...

That's pretty scary. No power is far more than an inconvenience...it's a hazard. Three storms in a row is a bit much. Keep warm and safe.

biebkriebels said...

Oh, Lilly, I feel so sorry for you, this is awful and scary. You must feel trapped in your environment. The video is beautiful but sad to see all those trees hanging there. I hope they can rise up again.

Jackie said...

Alexander did an amazing job with that video. Being from where I am from (the Deep South)....this video was a hauntingly beautiful to me. It is exceptionally peaceful-looking (I know that the trees are bent with the weight of the ice)...but how lovely your winter wonderland is! I thank you for sharing it with me.
I thank all the linesmen who work tirelessly throughout your winter.

Jana said...

merry belated Xmas and hope everythings is back on track!

Red Nomad OZ said...

That's something I don't have to worry about downunder where I live! I hope everything's back to normal again in time to bring in the New Year!!