SaucyKod

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Breakfast View

Sipping on a nice hot cuppa tea,
I watched the sunrise -
- and YES,
"Red Sky at Morn,
Sailors take warn-
The storm came -
with high winds n torrential downpour -
only to take leave -
on a glorious note.....
"As the station wagon pulled back onto the highway, the sun was slowly sinking below the horizon like a leaky boat. Well, except for the fact that boats are not generally round, orange and on fire...h-m-m-m. Come to think of it, in no way whatsoever did the sun, in this instance, resemble a leaky boat. My apologies. This was a dreadful attempt at simile. Please allow me to try again.
As the station wagon pulled back onto the highway, the sun was slowly sinking below the horizon like a self-luminous, gaseous sphere comprised mainly of hydrogen and helium." Cuthbert Soup
( A Whole Nother Story)
SaucyKod


5 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful.

Have a wonderful day.

DJan said...

Hahahaha! Loved it, Saucy. :-)

biebkriebels said...

Such beautiful pictures of your nature.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunrise and sunset. mL

Petra said...

I had to smile when I finished reading the quote. First I thought - wow, what a great simile... "the sun was slowly sinking below the horizon like a leaky boat". And then I read further and realized that there really was no meaning in it but I still loved it! :)