SaucyKod

Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest Moon In Atlantic Canada

Sitting out on deck in early evening watching the Moon starting to rise - h-m-m-m -thought to myself, I should dash down to the river and try to catch that wisp of cloud in front of the moon - might even be able to grab a lighthouse shot. I managed to capture this textured photo above of the Harvest Moon rising just up over the hills with some daylight still in the sky.
 "5" minutes later I am standing on the brink of the St. Croix and here is this wondrous Harvest Moon in all its glory and size. There were many other people that just come down to watch, and even a few filtered out of our Pizza Delight restaurant to enjoy the view. This was an incredible night. As the Moon climbed over the hills of New Brunswick, it came into full view over our town and the St. Croix River. There were many oohs n aaah's, as the wispy clouds ever so slowly drifted with this Harvest Moon.
Town Of St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada
St. Croix River - low tide
Night Life In A Small Town :)
SaucyKod

15 comments:

DJan said...

Beautiful! What a great set of pictures, Saucy. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Jackie said...

Wasn't it a beautiful moon!
I couldn't take my eyes off it.
Beautiful photos you have posted!!
Warm smiles,
Jackie

Fun60 said...

Some great photos there. Love the ones with the reflections.

Gail said...

Stunning shots and great photography.

DJan said...

Didn't I make a comment on this blog post? I LOVE your pictures, Saucy! Thank you for sharing them. :-)

Red said...

You worked hard to get these photos. You also have to know what you're after to get your photos.

Marion said...

Very beautifull picture Lily.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Those pictures are fantastic! That..is a REAL Harvest moon..most definitely! You did a great job capturing it. I wish you could have sampled that stew..so many things in it..even that sausage..(at least I think that was what it was.) Not fond of those little crayfish..or whatever they were..Joyce at October Farm wrote and said you were supposed to bite the heads off and suck out the insides..and I nearly threw up! NEVER! LOL

biebkriebels said...

Nice photos Lilly, you had a good view at the moon. It is always difficult to photograph in the half dark evening.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I love a full moon! These pictures are fantastic. Makes me almost feel like I was there.

Linda Wildenstein said...

You did the moon proud in these photos. I feel like I was right there with you enjoying a bit of the magic of the night. Thanks, Oma Linda

Friko said...

It would have been such a shame to miss it.
Nature provides some fantastic spectacles.

Genie Robinson said...

You are doing great with your night shots. These are wonderful. Each time I look at your blog I say to myself....Please let me live long enough to get to go and visit Saucy Kodz :-) genie

Marleen said...

Beautiful shots of the moon!

Anonymous said...

Wish that I could have beamed myself "home"to share this view! But appreciate your photos...a great eye as usual...L