SaucyKod

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Olde Truck.....

Photo by Alica
Olde truck abandoned by the edge of the field,
Where wild flowers grow and the garden yields -
On olde veggie vines, still a thing or two,
Wherever have I wandered to?
It's been here a while, all rusted n olde
Damp weather comin' - I feel the cold.

Broken olde truck on the edge of the field,
-where the waters edge does often yield-
deep, cold water on a beach at low tide-
where the deepest water can very well hide
those things that stay hidden, till very low tide.

I cannot ride, so I must walk
cellphone has ringtone - to someone I talk-
I move past wild flowers n  beyond by the hedge-
out to the field, peering over the edge -
sitting, legs danglin' o'r the edge and copin'
Oh damm, someone left the olde truck door open.
SaucyKod




15 comments:

Fun60 said...

It disturbs me to see old abandoned vehicles in places of beauty.

Jackie said...

Great poet, you are...and kudos to Alica for the photo.
My Father-in-law (deceased)has his old truck in the "back 40" portion of our farm. It was probably a beauty in its day, but like the one in your photo, most of the parts have long rusted away. I do enjoy going and looking at his old truck, though. The weeds have long become its new color and the flowers adorn it beautifully; this poem of yours gave me pause to smile and think about his old truck again. Thank you!
Hugs,
Jackie

DJan said...

Oh, funny! I enjoyed this, Saucy. You are quite the rhyming poet! :-)

Red said...

Great poem! I'll bet you had fun with it. I always feel more satisfaction when I write a poem. Maybe I have to work harder.

biebkriebels said...

You are a poet! So nice you can do this, you are talented!

Friko said...

You’ve made a poem out of an eyesore. No mean feat.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I just plain flat LOVED this! LOVED IT! You are such a hoot, my friend!! :):)

Saucy Kodz said...

Yes, but we can make them beautiful again by writing about or removing them, 'eh.

Saucy Kodz said...

Aww, Jackie this just makes my heart feel good. I am glad to hear that my poem gave you pause to smile and reflect on your Dads olde truck. You are most welcome.

Saucy Kodz said...

Thank you DJan - that means a lot :)

Saucy Kodz said...

OK Red, thanks for the compliment - now, off you scoot and begin that poem we will all see you post, Eh.

Saucy Kodz said...

Thankyou Marianne for the kind words. Eh.

Saucy Kodz said...

Yah, I would say that and your words mean much to me - thank you Friko.

Saucy Kodz said...

Thank you for the "flat LOVED this" - I felt like a hoot my dear friend. lol

Linda Wildenstein said...

Thanks so much for droppy by my bloggie. I'm glad I came to visit you as well. You're very funny and charming. This poem is wonderfully entertaining and Puppy Jack is absotively, posolutely fantabulous. I shall return. Oma Linda