SaucyKod

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gifted Inukshuk's.....


Folks drop by now and then, whether visiting from nearby City or far distances. I had the great pleasure of Ben n Sarah dropping by with their Grandma while they were here on holiday from across the border. "Grandma" is a very dear friend. These kids are like two miniature adults. We had wonderful conversation, stories told by all parties and time passed quickly. One of our topics of discussion was of course "The Inukshuk" - you all know that part of me by now - RIGHT! Building one or talking about them always leads to someone taking one home, Eh. As many of you know, I started building mini Inukshuk's from smaller boulders n bits of rock, just for fun. I did have quite a lineup of these small little "Shuks", however; with summer visitors, the numbers have quickly depleted. I certainly do not mind parting with them as the story of the Inukshuk gets passed on again and then - again by the new owners. Sarah and Ben spotted the four remaining and claimed one each, along with the story and the passing of hand to hand. Their job upon arriving home was to place and name them.

Sarah has called her Inukshuk "Sadie" - Nook Shuk", and Ben's Inukshuk is "Pow Wow Sugar Bear". Sadie was their dog and Sugar Bear, their cat. Sadly, both pets passed away this past year, so the kids thought this a great tribute to remember them by. Ben and Sarah, I enjoyed your visit very much and I hope the next time you are up in Canada visiting Grammy, you might stop by again. lol
Also, for a bit of time now, my friend "Gail", way down in Arkansas has been working on her very own version of her "Inukshuk", from her "ROCK" collection. Anyone that knows Gail, knows she is drawn to rocks and has brought many home. I have just received a photo of the Inukshuk she is building from some of her collection - looks like it is coming along fine to me Gail :)
You may visit Gail @ http://gailatthefarm.blogspot.ca/ - she has a really great blog.
For History Of The Inukshuk, go to past post on 4/3/11
http://saucykodz.blogspot.com/2011/04/inukshuk.html
SaucyKod

7 comments:

DJan said...

I love these guys, and it looks like it's catching. I'll check her page out! :-)

Red said...

So the Inukshuk is a good way to open communication with people. That's what they were for originally..to communicate directions.

Weekend-Windup said...

Good one...

biebkriebels said...

I like those Inukshuks very much. In Norway I saw many of them in the mountains. It has because a worldwide phenomenon, maybe because so many people travel all over the world now.

Gail said...

What an honor to be included in your wonderful post today.

First I thought Oh, my, that dog looks just like Lizzy! And it was!!!

Thank you. I shall keep practicing.

biebkriebels said...

I just read your comment on my post of the paperart, so sorry I had missed it, but I had such a busy weekend with a trip to France. You can find my e-mail adress when going to my profile page, it is just below my picture. biebkriebels@gmail.com
Looking forward to your photo, greetings, Marianne

Jana said...

hello there, Sadie is a cutie:-)))