SaucyKod

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thank You.......

Thank you all so much for the support during this most difficult time. Your notes, cards, calls, visits, thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. Thank you also, for your support to the SPCA, which was very dear to my brother’s heart.
Today is a rainy day in the Maritimes and one’s thoughts do travel to wonderful memories with my brother Gary. WE had warm and wonderful adventures through our growing years, a most precious time to linger in my mind today and remember.
As I walked up to the pulpit to speak of my brother, I looked out into the chapel and was immediately mesmerized by the sea of people that attended the funeral. A double room had to be opened and still, folks were lined up in the hall all the way out to the door. This sea of people came from near and far to give their respects and bid farewell to my brother – people whose lives he had touched somewhere along life’s road. There is always that part of the service when the Minister asks if anyone else would like to come forward and say a few words. I was again “deeply touched” by the many that came forward to speak of soft words, kind deeds and small gifts my brother gave so freely. From many strangers that stopped to talk prior to the funeral, I heard stories of “Blue Eyes” hugs (best in the world), a smile one would never forget, kind and generous ways he expelled his abundant energy from something as simple as carrying groceries out to a senior’s car every Wed morning, to helping build or repair hundreds of homes – and even assisting the first birth of a neighbours pregnant dog. There were many, many stories – something I will cherish having heard for a very long time.
My brother’s resting place will be beside Mom and Dad, overlooking wild flowers and water. He loved this spot and would often talk about the geese and ducks that came every year to settle in for the summer months to give birth to their young. He is resting peacefully.

                          Lilly



7 comments:

DJan said...

He sounds like he was a wonderful, caring person, Lilly. I am so sorry for your loss, but your words have brought him alive to me, and I will never know him except through you. Thank you for sharing your brother with me. Sending you love and cyber hugs.

Red said...

Well said about your brother.
You have many good thoughts and memories of your brother. I hope they help you through this time of loss. Your brother sounds like somebody who everyone would love to meet.

Gail said...

What a wonderful memorial for your brother.

I wish I could make it easier. The great love he shared with all is a part of you and will always be.

biebkriebels said...

Good you had a nice farewell with so many family and friends. He must have been a well loved person by many. Hope you can cope with his loss Lilly, wish you all the best.
Marianne

Red Nomad OZ said...

Your farewell service sounds so meaningful and a beautiful tribute to your brother. I feel sad for your pain, but glad you had the opportunity to say goodbye in the company of so many friends. I guess if people from around the world are holding you in their thoughts, then you're never alone, right??!!

Caramella said...

I'm so sorry you are going through such a difficult time Lilly. My heartfelt condolences.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I think of you every single day.