SaucyKod

Monday, June 3, 2013

Outta Eggs.....


I had gone to spend a few days on the beautiful Belleisle Bay, just the other side of Hampton, NB
My friend and her husband (Donna & Bill) have a lovely cottage there. There is olde home charm, and beauty all around us.
That morning Donna mentioned she was going for eggs and a few other things she had run out of. I hadn't noticed any grocery stores so wondered where I had missed seeing the store on my way there. There is a small country store on the other side of the ferry landing, so I thought that is where we were headed.
OOOPS, NO.....we went to a field!
This is where we purchased our "very fresh that morning" country eggs, at the side of the road, and back in the field.....and yes, the fridge works:)
 
You can also pick up brown or white eggs, or mix half n half. I have purchased eggs in the country in the past at a farm, however; this was my first experience of travelling to a field and finding a refrigerator in the middle, with lovely fresh farm eggs. You are not under any type of surveillance here...........just an honor system that you will pay. You can also return old cartons here for pickup to use again :)
SaucyKod                                                                                        

7 comments:

DJan said...

I want to know what the eggs tasted like, and the color of those yolks! Best eggs I ever had were just like that, and the yolks were almost orange. :-)

Fun60 said...

They don't come fresher than that!

Saucy Kodz said...

Thanks DJan - They were most naturally sweet tasting and the yolks were almost a middle orange. The eggs were plump and fat and hens well looked after - not raised in a wharehouse and never seeing daylight. Yummy One egg would fill you :)

Saucy Kodz said...

Fresher n Sweeter...I agree :)

Red said...

This is cool. You can see by the big smile that this was fun.

biebkriebels said...

What a beautiful place to stay, I would love to sit in those cosy chairs. And the eggs are such a great idea, accessable for everyone. That is how it should be!

Red Nomad OZ said...

OK, I give in. How did the fridge work out in the field?? Was it kerosene or gas??? Such a cool idea - and there's nothing like fresh, free-range eggs!!