SaucyKod

Friday, June 7, 2013

1939 Chevrolet Master 85

I love spotting these oldsters and just happened to spot this driving by A & W. It didn't take me long to turn around and take some photos for all you Antique car lovers out there. My personal opinion is that "back in the day", these people really knew something about designing cars. It seems today they all look alike with their slopped backs, darkened windows and ugly headlights (again, just my opinion).
There were essentially two vehicles, the 1939 Chevrolet Master 85 and the Master Deluxe. Both cars had the same body dies as the earlier models, but they were reworked just enough to give them a fresh look. These later models received a new front clip that gave them a distinct resemblance to the contemporary Cadillac. Extra passengers in the sport coupe sat in the rumble seat. The rumble seat became increasingly unpopular and was dropped from production during the model change year. When I look at these olde beauties, I think a drive in the "rumble Seat" would have been quite an adventure, but then weather elements would have to be in my favour too. In that respect, I can see why the popularity dropped off.

Any of you ever have a ride in a rumble seat?
1938 Chevrolet Coupe with Rumble Seat

SaucyKod...

5 comments:

DJan said...

No, I haven't. But I sure wish I had. They look like fun (if the weather is fine, that is)!! :-)

Red said...

!939 was my year! Yes I've ridden in a rumble seat ...twice that I remember. Once when i was very young and somebody picked us up on the rad on our way to town. Once at university and a couple of my farm friends had this very old car. Lots of fresh air in the rumble seat.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Not just your opinion, girlfriend!! LOVE Love love the old style cars - such class, attention to detail, elegant lines AND the colours!! Of course RED ROCKS best!!! Never been in a rumble seat - I wonder if I'm too big now?!?!?! Have a great weekend!!!

biebkriebels said...

I agree with you, the cars in de past looked like real cars and you knew what type you saw on the road. When driving around, I have to ask my husband all the time what kind of car is in front of us. Thet certainly look all the same now.

Caramella said...

Now these are real cars! Love that burgundy color...