SaucyKod

Monday, May 27, 2013

Topsy Turvy Weather.....

OK, all I have been trying to do is repair and replace some supports and new floor on the deck -
Yah, my Dad taught me some basic carpentry skills too.....
 I have been somewhat distracted because of our unusual weather pattern as you can see by the last couple of posts.
Mother Nature was most kind and touched our yards with beautiful spring flowers, only to be crumpled by our hail storm. Other Maritimers that may have started early plants and endured a surprisingly last minute late snow storm, of great proportion.
Recently we have been ravaged by heavy rains, fog so thick you could cut a slice and.... more rain.
Our New Highway
Our Local - usually small creek in Town
Now, I think.......today that may change - I see a bright patch in the sky, there's loads of ominous looking clouds, the fog appears to be lifting;  however.....I think......this might be the ? THE END of the storm.
Perhaps, I can get back to the repairs on my deck after all.....
                                                                                     
Just around the corner......"Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses, a box where sweets compacted lie". George Herbert
 SaucyKod

11 comments:

Fun60 said...

I hope for your sake that bit of blue spreads throughout the sky and you start to enjoy Spring again.

Gail said...

Stay safe.

There will be another day to repair the deck.

biebkriebels said...

It is so strange that our weathers seem to go synchronous, although we live in a complete other part of the world. We have the same strange spring weather with cold, rain and even frost at night. Now we suddenly have summer temperatures of 23 C (73.4 F)from one day to the other. Yesterday I still wore my wintercoat and today I was sitting in the garden with bright sunshine. It goes up and down all the time.

Red said...

Weather can certainly delay renovation projects. My daughter redid her deck with Dad holding the boards for the saw. She likes renovation projects.

DJan said...

We had two weeks of bright sunshine and then the rains returned. It's been really wet and rainy around here, but no snow. I read about your incredible snowstorm! Wow! Hope that's behind you now and you can get on with spring. :-)

Francesca Edesia said...

We're also having weird weather here in Sicily, Saucy. It's cold again, the wind was so chilly yesterday and today even colder. Can you believe we are still using woolen blankets at night? A big hug!

Jana said...

wishing you warmer weather+tons of blue sky&warm sunshine! it has been very difficult in the Netherlands too...cold, windy+wet! I escaped 2 times back home to Sofia where people were enjoying and moaning (?!) about the 29-32 degrees! I enjoyed it:-)

Red Nomad OZ said...

You're having the same kind of weather as us and we're about to hit winter!!! Although our summer is still lingering as well, with some days well above average! Lets do a swap!!

Ramakant Pradhan said...

Some amazing minimalistic pictures there!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow...it's GOOD to be home! :):) Ok. I am feeling SO much better to see something familiar! I wonder why when you comment on my posts, that when I click on your name it takes me to that other place??? I will save this link...

Saucy Kodz said...

Fun60 - The sun is shining today and it is 111D in back yard?
Gail - Thank you Gail - I did find something else to do:)
Biebkriebels - Yes, I agree - we've had our ups n downs with temp gauge as well - I guess it is just part of our future. I just took the winter fleece sheets off the beds and put Egyptian cotton on, so I guess summer (?) is here :)
Red - Women are once again becoming more and more flexible with these chores. I might also admit that I went to night school and took 2 years of carpentry just for fun :)
DJan - YAH ! SPRING gone, summer has arrived overnight - heavy frost last night - 97D on deck today :)
Francesca - Thanks for the hug - right back at you. Spring arrived overnight - we sent from +22D to 97 today Yahoo!
Jana - I take that weather in Sofia and then probably wish for cooler temps :)
Red Nomad OZ - I will swap for sure, but now summer has arrived overnight??
Ramakant - Thank you so much for the nice comment. I adore visiting and viewing your photos.