SaucyKod

Sunday, April 28, 2013

CLUMP OF MUD.......


Mud, dirt n grime - when folks share stories and photos of their dirty vehicles, you see everything from a light dusting of road salt, to a coating of mud.....so thick, that sometimes, you might not be able to tell the colour of the vehicle underneath. One thing for sure; when these folks are done on the trail for the day, they all seem to have a strong desire for a cuppa - at Timmie's - myself, I think they are just wanting to show off their "clump of mud".
For the most part, some people do not intentionally get their vehicles dirty, for example they might get stuck in an unexpected puddle, or there is always that someone that gets stuck in a field or side road when exploring on those "Sunday Drives" most of have been a part of.
 
For many others, having yourself or your vehicle look like a "clump of mud" is a way of life - one that includes rustic trails, mud pits and lots and lots of dirt - for those of you who embrace that dirt, "May the force...er, (MUD) be with you" :)

MUD FEST events are huge gatherings and from what I hear and have read, they are a blast. "Mudders" will come long distances to gather and enthusiastically "flog" their trucks, like cheap rental cars. You gotta be a truck guy or gal to really enjoy and understand this pastime - also; I'm sure it has something to do with the hundreds of uniquely and heavily modified rigs and spectacular 4 x 4 action - OH, and the fact that 99.9% of the participants and spectators have a smile on their face and mud in their teeth.
Quote - " I want to go out and get muddy, Eh! 
Who wants to join me? Anybody?? 
It ain't purdy til she's dirty".

Remember that olde hippo song -
"Mud, mud, glorious mud
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood,
So follow me follow, down to the hollow,
and there let us wallow in glorious mud".
                                SaucyKod               


13 comments:

DJan said...

I've never been a "mudder" of this sort, Saucy! It does look like a bit of fun, though. This is YOUR sort of enjoyment? :-)

Gail said...

Oh, yes, we have had our fair share of mudding and exploring.

Hubby even competed one time in a mud pit race in his 4 x 4 street truck. He won.

A lot of it is knowing how to drive.
All of it is fun.

SaucyKod said...

No, this is not my sort of enjoyment, however; I have seen quite a few trucks aboot town and parked at Timmies and have often wanted to ask about it all, then finally I did. Perhaps I might have tried it at one time, but I never did.

SaucyKod said...

That would have been an event I would have probably enjoyed, watching TM race in mud. I did see a short video from an event here and it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

There was a time...yes, a long time ago, when I would have had such a blast doing that. I had to laugh at the little tike covered with mud. Yep..it looks like fun! However...you go ahead, Lilly, I'll just stand here and watch. LOL
Hugs,
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. I'm glad you like the arbor of roses. Did you know that we cannot answer your comments by email because it doesn't work. I wonder why?

SaucyKod said...

Because I changed and embedded my comments and reply right below the post. The Arbor is sooooo beautiful.

SaucyKod said...

I'm not doing the mud thing - I just thought it would be fun to write about - maybe I might have tried it a long time ago, when I might have thought it was a wild blast, but now I think I would join you on the sidelines :)

biebkriebels said...

Ha,ha, that looks like a lot of fun. I wouldn't think of going in the mud myself, I hate to get dirty. Nice post.

Caramella said...

Oh my, never seen so much mud!! You're right, everyone has their own way of living haha...mud is supposed to be good for face masks but I guess it depends what kind of mud! :) Thank you for sharing with us!

Jana said...

I love your cute ending of this post:-)

Genie Robinson said...

Years ago Buddy and I went to a Mud Race and it was a hoot and a half. Lots of drinkin' goin' on!!!!! I do not get it, but the folks in the jeeps like these were having a hay day. Love the little boy. He is tooooo funny. genie

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hahaha! One significant difference between your mud and ours - ours is mainly RED!!