The tops of the barrels of the 24 pound cannons overlooking the harbour have the monogram of King George. The British cannons manufactured between 1760 and 1820 carry his emblem. On the left trunnions (the protrusions from the side of the barrel that rest on the carriage) are found the initials "WC" which indicates that these cannons were made in the Waller Cannon factory in Rotherham, England.
|Monogram of King George|
|St. Andrews Market Square Cannons|