SaucyKod

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Easter Basket

Painted by June Chandler  & Maria Kulcher
There was a knock at my door -
I went to answer, finding no one there. 
On the step was a beautiful basket of
hand painted eggs with all the colours of the rainbow.
There was green and pink plastic grass 
that engulfed the contents with a note attached that said,
" I come to you this special day
not really from the Easter Bunny,
but rather from a secret admirer,
who happened to notice that you 
needed something to make you smile".
I tried to think of who this could have come from
but for the life of me, could not figure it out.
I found myself travelling back to days so long ago
when I was a little girl 
and how excited that knock upon the door 
or door bell ringing would be; opening up to find
that special Easter Basket just for me.
So, I thank you, Easter Bunny, who did not give a name, 
for you brought to this heart of mine not only a smile;
but also a memory of such sweeter days.
Such a simple little Easter Basket; 
yet so powerful the effect on me.
Before you arrived at my door,
I did not think anyone would be so kind 
as to remember me - 
in this magical way anymore.
 
                                       (Written by Lauri PS. at 84 years old)

                                                                             




12 comments:

Red said...

Small acts of kindness can have a big influence on somebody.

biebkriebels said...

What a beautiful basket with eggs and a nice story to it. Happy Easter to you.

Francesca Edesia said...

Reminds me when I was a child and my grandmother used to make the Russian Kulich, Pascha and the gorgeous Russian Easter eggs. I have no talent at all drawing eggs, I can't even color them, that's how hopeless I am artistically. It's such a lovely poem and gorgeous Easter basket. Happy Easter Saucy!

DJan said...

What a sweet story. Happy Easter to all, and I LOVE the Easter puppy. He is still causing me to smile. :-)

Filip and Kristel said...

Super eggs, have a nice Easter.

Greetings,
Filip

Petra said...

I admire those who are able to create such beautiful Easter eggs, they are master pieces.

And I can imagine easily that such a surprise the story speaks about would make one's day.

Happy Easter!

Caramella said...

You are a marvel Saucy! Happy Easter to you! Those eggs are so pretty, and the poem is splendid!

fashion-meets-art said...

wonderful coloured eggs.
happy easter.
and the dog is too cute <3
maren anita

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

ChaM_My said...

Happy Easter to you! Love the Easter eggs. Belated happy birthday too! :)

Red Nomad OZ said...

Easter Eggs make ANYTHING seem better!! Or is that just me?!

Linda said...

Lovely Easter eggs.

Fun60 said...

What a beautiful basket of decorated eggs. She must have been greatly admired. Thank -you for your visit to my blog.