SaucyKod

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rocks n Roots

Rocks n Roots aboot St. Andrew's Bay,
New Brunswick, Canada
Buoy's always coming in with the tide.
Inukshuk In The Making - You always make an Inukshuk @ the beach - I must be looking for the feet n arms - great rocks - shoulda brought this one home for the garden. We usually build them on the beach and then carry the HEAVY ROCK pieces up to the car -
.......now that's a chore.
What amazes me most of all, is how these trees survive 
the raging waves and ice in winter, and yet they still stand 
after tolerating years of severe weather abuse.
Even with entire tree resting on the very edge of rock and land, 
they still haven't toppled over....YET!
This was once a mighty boulder, 
broken down over the years and yet; 
look how neatly the rocks are resting row upon row.
The Power Of The Bay Of Fundy
Split Boulders n Fossils
A sun shelter built with slabs of rock n
A damsel on the beach - Note size of Boulder on right -
In a few years or so, the powerful storms n surf of the
Bay Of Fundy will gradually whittle and pound 
the daylights outta this boulder too.

                           SaucyKod



12 comments:

Gail said...

You are someone after my own heart...love roots and rocks.

The rows of stones remind me of the ballast stones placed along a back street in Savannah so the ships could load and leave.

Beautifully amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing them with me.

DJan said...

Oh those roots! They sure don't look like they would last very long, but apparently they have, and will continue to hold on!! Great pictures. I especially like the last one. :-)

Red Nomad OZ said...

Those trees would do the tropics proud! They look a little like tropical banyan-type trees that send out great buttresses of roots to keep themselves upright - but of course your climate is a 'little' different!!! Boulders and fossils are two more things we've got in common ... but they also make great photos!!

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Red said...

We see trees with roots exposed in the Rockies and again one wonders how they survive. Beaches , rocks , sand go on forever ..a wonderful adventure.

Gail said...

I thought I left a comment...

biebkriebels said...

It is amazing how the trees survive the weather elements indeed.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OH MY GOSH! I was clicking away on the slides and looking at the photo and then there was YOU!
I think we are twins! We both have the whitest hair! And, interestingly, we both began with very dark hair. Mine was one shade up from black.
I just love that picture. HOW to get it printed...I will find a way! I just love it, Lilly! It is just exactly how I picture you.
I wear my hair long and bundled up behind my head and I think you wear yours very, very short. (I think of doing that but I know I would feel naked as all get out!!) :) I am just a long haired gal, I guess, as long as I don't have to mess with it.
Loved the photographs!!
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Mona

Genie Robinson said...

I cannot get over how those rocks are lined up row after row. Amazing. And now to the Inukshuks. They remind me of hop-coos also created by the tribal peoples. Tried looking them up together online, but the best I can do is your inukhsuks for guiding.Our hop-doos....they are just fun to build in our creek just to be washed away each time we get flooding waters. Hope all is well up there. genie

Janey and Co. said...

Thanks for the visit. I am actually in the middle of a move. I will be back online soon...so come back!

Beautiful, interesting tree roots!..Janey

Pamela Gordon said...

I really enjoyed seeing these photos along the shores of St. Andrews. We go down every summer at least once and wander the beaches and rocks but I've never seen this area before. Is it around past the picnic park at Joe's Point? I found the rock formations very interesting, especially the one in rounded pieces worn away by the tides. Enjoy this beautiful sunny day. Pamela

Ramakant Pradhan said...

It's like a story in pictures. Some lovely shots!

David said...

Hi Saucy Kod, Thanks for stopping by my blogsite! My wife and I love New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The Bay of Fundy is great...and its where we've done our best whale watching! Great photos...very artistic... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave