* Don't pee on the tree
* Don't drink water in the container that holds the tree.
* Mind your tail when you are near the tree.
* If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open.
* Don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree.
5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:
* Not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans.
* Don't eat off the buffet table.
* Beg for goodies subtly.
* Be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa.
* Don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.
6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:
* Observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's houses.
* Respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house.
* TOLERATE CHILDREN.....
* Turn on your charm - BIG TIME.
7. Last and most important - A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON'T BITE HIM !!