SaucyKod

Friday, May 11, 2012

Canoeing n Reflections On The St. Croix River

Canoeing on the St. Croix with Dr. D
Notice how " WIGGLY" the river is.....
Reflections.......
In canoe travelling there is the distinct pleasure of a free and easy life in fine weather and varied scenery. There are many lovely wild spots on lakes, rivers, and streams, to which no one has access by yacht, railway, air, vehicle, horse, or even your own legs. A good cruising canoe, becomes your lifeboat, your portable yacht and house, and is equally efficient whether the water be deep, shallow, rough or smooth.
Many imagine that canoe travelling is a solitary thing: - I think the more the merrier and safer, provided that each person is "skipper of their own boat." 

The beavers were busy all along the river


Great catch from the belly of the St. Croix.....
To some; there can be intense enjoyment in being alone with your thoughts, the spell only to be broken at intervals by the occasional meeting of other canoeists on the water.
I have enjoyed many a short solitary cruise, solitary because mine was the only canoe in those particular waters; however, on a long trip I would prefer a companion or two; for even when two are together, every trouble is halved and pleasure doubled. 
What can be more enjoyable to a lover of boating, than to be “one in a fleet” of these miniature “yachts” on a cruise. A separate interest is felt for each little “ship”; it is one continued “splashing of the paddles”, and a nice way to remain fit and healthy, so, get out your canoe n paddles, your picnic basket and enjoy your day.
Yep, this is SaucyKod
Telephone Service on the Isle of Dr. D
Stop over for lunch
Take note all you warm countries; 
it's still Spring here.
Ever Try This.....
Snow Canoeing - Such FUN :)



8 comments:

Red said...

Absolutely calm water and beautiful photos.
I do not canoe very much but would really like to. Canoed the Vermllion River west of Chicago last summer. It was a super day.

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like fun!!

Kenny

DJan said...

I just LOVE your blue cloud reflections on the lake! And your background cloud picture is perfect, too. I enjoyed being on a virtual canoe trip with you, Saucy!

Genie said...

I adore canoodling as I call it. You all look like you were having a ball. Nice fish catch, too. I can see where it would be nice out by yourself, but I can also think of the pleasure a friend or two in there canoes would be nice. Now snow canooglingis just too cool. I could really get into that one even if I am old. Take care. genie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Clouds..I love them and used to take picture of them all the time. I've been fascinated with them all my life.
I have a request. :) It is possible for you to fix it so that we can enlarge your pictures on your blog? I tried..but they stay small. I would LOVE to see them enlarge for the exquisite detail. You show fantastic photo's..but ...being me, I WANT DETAIL! :)
What a gorgeous place to live!
Thank you for your gracious and warm comments. I always enjoy reading them so much. I don't have pond. I wish I did ..it's just an old wooden wine barrel with a sweet little pump that used to be red. I found it at a industrial hardware place.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. IT WORKS! I kept trying and the photo's are huge now..I am so pleased!! Cancell my request! :)

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning photos - love the clouds - I have never canooed, but it sure looks like fun, even the winter canoe. Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is just great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.