SaucyKod

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sun


Have you ever seen
anything
in your life
more wonderful
than the sun,
every evening,
relaxed and easy,
floating toward the horizon...


and into the clouds or the hills,
or the rumpled sea,



...and is then gone...


and how it slides again
out of the blackness,
every morning,
on the otherside of the world,


like a purple flower
streaming upward on its heavenly oils;
on a morning in early summer,
at its perfect imperial distance--


Do you think there is anywhere,
in any language; a word billowing enough -
for the pleasure that fills you,
as the sun reaches out and
embraces you in its warmth.......


                                                                                                                            (photos by Lilly)


7 comments:

DJan said...

Ah yes, the sun. I remember it well. We see it occasionally in this part of the world, too. It's been awhile, though, so I appreciate your pictures so I won't forget what it looks like. That last picture really made me laugh out loud!

kt said...

We've been lucky, here in Southern Missouri this year because we have had a wondfully sunny winer. I don't appreciate the sun that much during our summers as it gets HOT AS....well you know.

However, I do appreciate it's beauty and it's life giving energy. I could never live in a place where there is little sunshine....as I would surely perish.

Genie said...

WOW!!! What heavenly sun shots. You have really outdone yourself this week. You are definitely at the right place at the right time WITH camera in hand. Great captures. So happy you finally figured out how to get rid of those wretched scrambled letters. I souls not figure out how to do it so Beatrice had to help me, too. Going into Blogger and changing settings is meant for computer geeks and not little old ladies. Hope to have my computers back up and running tonight. Mt 10,000 photos are all mixed up and groupings scattered ll over iPhoto. Have spent hours with Applecare trying to get it resolved. I think tonight we are going to throw away all of the ones on my MacBook Pro and totally start the machine over from scratch. The iMac is OK, and I am gradually getting the 22,000 on it culled out and reorganized. genie

Genie said...

This is great....it worked. I have the approval thingie on mine, too. Some bloggers gripe about it, too, but I have not given it up simply because that is how I keep track of who commented. genie

Red Nomad OZ said...

FAAAAAABULOUS!! Those shots are just what I'm looking for to round out your contribution as a RED Alert guest on my blog!!!

Oh, and your words are great too!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS !

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photos and words.

Regards and best wishes