SaucyKod

Thursday, February 23, 2012



I lost my young nephew a couple of weeks ago. He was my brother's youngest son. He was a wonderful kid, and right from the beginning, he captured your heart. Almost from the first time he could put sentences together, he became a spinner of tales. He could take the most common thing that would happen in his day and weave a comical tale about it. He had a kind, gentle soul. His smile was infectious, his manner was graceful. When he walked into a room and looked at you with that wide grin of his and began one of his stories - you knew you were about to embark on a magical - "story journey" - that would capture and hold you fast, till the end.  Whether it was tears or laughter, he had the ability to captivate his audience. He was a very bright, intelligent, imaginative child. He loved to laugh and share.


Matthew Ryan.............September 23, 1982 - February 8, 2012
This young man will never marry, have children, grow old, experience all that life has to offer, 
for he gave all he had and shared all he had in the short years he lived. 
There is a tremendous ache in many hearts, 
there are many years of memories to remember him by. 
May the journey of this young life teach each of us, just how precious LIFE is, 
whether it is experienced for a few or many years...... Aunti "L"


When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me little - but not too long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that we once shared
Miss me - but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone
It's all part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me - but let me go.



1 comments:

kt said...

My Father would have been 101 on February 8th. Sometimes I don't understand why someone so young should be taken from our midst.

You wrote a beautiful piece about him. It is obvious that you cared for him a great deal. I am sorry for your loss.