SaucyKod

Saturday, July 16, 2011

My 7 Links by Lilly

H-m-m-m .....Oooooh Red, why did u nominate me - being the kind of girl I am, I must at least try. Remember, I am still new at this, but I will give it the 1 yard try? :)

My Most Beautiful Post:

Watching The Sunrise.....

Watching the sunrise, witnessing a fresh start to a brand new day. Breathing in the cool morning air, and sipping my coffee – knowing in your mind, you just have to see the world before it gets too busy.
You need to feel the serenity of it all as the world awakens like a new-born child.
Slowly the bright yellow ball appears on the horizon and reflects rays of gold on the sparkling river, giving it the essence of a golden pond. The sun creeps over the horizon, adding splashes of my paintbrush to the racing river and morning sky.
Watching the sunrise in its hues of golden colours reminds me that we can all start new each day, and look forward to everything one can see, feel and taste. A new beginning, something close to heaven
*************************************************************
My Most Popular Post -

St. Croix River, New Brunswick, Canada - Morning Sunrise


The St. Croix flows placidly through the rolling Appalachian Hills on a journey from the Chiputneticook Lakes to the tidewaters of Passamaquoddy Bay, where in 1604 Samuel de Champlain established the first European settlement in North America north of Florida.


Native peoples, Acadian settlers, British Loyalists, logs floating to mill and shipyard, canoeists, fishermen – its waters have carried them all past unbroken forest, murmuring rapids, and shimmering lakes to the craggy shores of the estuary.



The St. Croix offers excellent opportunities for canoeing and camping, for lake and river fishing and boating, for river touring by families and groups, and for more skilled white-water canoeists.   Paddle and fish the sparkling waters under the watchful gaze of bald eagles and ospreys - relax in the serenity of its historic towns; feel the currents and tides of history flow.


Walking Path St. Stephen - USA in background
connected by Border Bridge
*****************************************************

My Most Controversial Post -

Gee, this blew me away, no controversy on my Atlantic Blog - am I so sastisfied with life in general and the happenings in our area, that I have no voice to express any??  Do I ever "get my knickers in a twist"?? "Probably Only When Necessary" - then I might have some controversy to write about :)
Only controversy I could find was giving my opinion about our recent Atlanticade Rally, but gee, again, it ain't much to yack a 'bout. Guess life in general must be OK, even with the environment failing us, starvation in some countries, floods,drought n fires, hurricanes n volcanoes to contend with,  etc,etc,etc.
No controversy here does not mean boring -  if you have read any of my past posts, I can assure you this blog - NOPE - not boring - maybe funny, knowledgeable, charming, cute and stupid, but definitely not boring :)

******************************************************

My Most Helpful Post

Why of course, it has to be the Annual Relay for Life - I always dress up in an outlandish costume and many friends depend on my foolishness to have a good laugh or even anticipate what- "She - being Me", will be sporting at Annual Relay.
Aside from the fun and good laughs, it is a time to reflect on friends lost to cancer and those who fight today and the survivors. My good Friend Yvonne died some time ago, and not one year goes by when the family and I light candles in her memory (as many other family's do.).
We help each other, support each other by being there, and it is a 24 hr relay, regardless of weather - never postphoned. A great money support for our community and those in need.


**************************************************

A Post Whose Success Surprised Me -

Had lots of friends make reference to the poem -
it is kinda cute and all about my Cairn Terrier - PJ

The Computer's Swallowed PJ



The computer's swallowed PJ
Yes, honestly, it's true.
She pressed 'control'and 'enter',
And disappeared from view.

...It's devoured her, completely.
The thought just makes me squirm.
Maybe she's caught a virus
Or been eaten by a worm.

I've searched through the recycle bin
And files of every kind.
I've even used the internet,
But nothing did I find.

In desperation, I asked Google;
My searches to refine.
The reply, from them, was negative,
Not a thing was found 'online'.

So, if, inside your 'BLOG POST',
Little PJ you should see-
Please 'Scan', 'Copy', and 'Paste' her
In an BLOG POST; right back to me


*****************************************************

A Post that didn't get the attention it deserved:

Take Time.........
TAKE TIME FOR 12 THINGS.......
(Photo by Lilly)
QM II in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Take time to dream - it hitches your soul to the stars.
Take time to work - it is the price of success.
Take time to think - it is the source of power.
Take time to play - it is the secret of youth.
Take time to read - it is the foundation of knowledge.
Take time to worship - it is the highway of reverence and washes the dust of earth from your eyes.
Take time to help and enjoy friends - it is the source of happiness.
Take time to love - it is the one sacrament of life.
Take time to laugh - it helps with life's loads.
Take time for beauty - it is everywhere in nature.
Take time for health - it is the true treasure of life.
Take time to plan - it is the secret of being able to have time to take time for the FIRST ELEVEN THINGS.

*****************************************************
The Post I'm Most Proud of:
This has got to be "Anne of Green Gables" - because this post is who I am.
I can be quite silly, like to laugh and have fun - "Smile and the World Smiles With You". 
I had a good laugh while creating this post,
and had some good comments, giggles and calls.

OK, now how many of you have heard of "Anne of Green Gables"?
Everyone who has heard of Anne of Green Gables or even read the book.....
RAISE YOUR HANDS!

All Right Then, it seems safe enough to assume,
that with all these raised hands, that most everybody has either heard of,
or read, "Anne of Green Gables", eh !



OK - then - MEET the rest of the family -
If this doesn't add a giggle to your day,
you have stumbled onto the wrong BLOG.


Have a good one - I am sure I have not met your requirements Red,
perhaps, as to how I wrote "My 7 Links", however;
I had fun trying - thanks, cheers n hoping 
"it's a great day to set a hen" way over there in Ozzie Land :)







0 comments: