SaucyKod

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Red Island, Prince Edward Island


Oz asked to see RED, so here you go.....
The Confederation Bridge, linking New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island
 is the world's longest bridge over ice-covered water
and is 12.9-kilometre (8 mi) long - bridge opened on 31 May 1997

 The Sand Dunes are not quite like the Dunes OZ showed from Australia,
however, they are brilliant RED



Yes, OZ, this is Anne Of Green Gables Home



My Fav Stories - still are.....if you ever get to PEI,
the Musical "Anne of Green Gables",  is a must see.
Anne of Green Gables lures William and Kate to PEI. 
News Buzz states that Kate asked to visit PEI this summer, 
 because it was the setting for Anne of Green Gables - one of Kate's favourite childhood novels.



Southern PEI covered with Red beaches, although there are a fair amount of white sand beaches
on the eastern side of the island, however, wherever you go to the beach throughout PEI,
you will find red/pink/white sands.





Main roads and highway are paved, however,
most back and side roads still look like this


Lilly of Green Gables (couldn't resist this) ha,ha

and......I bid you adieu with
my Favourite Sunset, taken by Lilly, Borden PEI


Well, OZ, I hope u enjoyed my RED Photos, I sure enjoyed yours :)




1 comments:

Gail said...

One of my all time favorite stories. I used to dream I would visit the island one day.

As you can tell I am hitting your links within.

Blessings.