SaucyKod

Monday, May 16, 2011

.....and what decadent dessert would you prefer before Dinner?


Dessert before dinner – you betcha -
there are just some days when I could eat dessert all day long :)
I can remember back, to being very young and sitting at the dinner table, listening to my Mum say – Dessert after everything on your plate is gone – to me as a child, that was a big request and the dinner plate even bigger. I can remember thinking – “When I am all grown up, I am going to eat my dessert first, before I eat dinner”.


A few moments ago, I just finished a most delicious piece of lemon meringue pie with a glass of ice cold milk and wee bit later we were sitting down to a nice bowl of home made chicken soup and rolls. YUMMY

When a young chef was asked the question about dessert before dinner, she replied with the most intellectual response - "life is only sweet if you eat your pie first!"


In a home where the parents thought Grandma & Grandpa were setting a bad example for eating dessert before dinner; Grandma n Grandpa said, “At our age, We may not make it to dinner, so we're going to enjoy it while we can.”  J


Cheers and have a nice day - Lilly :)

2 comments:

genie said...

Now I know why I eat sweets at ALL times of the day and night. I am smarter than I thought I was,

Gail said...

Another fantastic story.